Thursday 5 February 2009

Expressing Desires - When You Want Something Done

Surrendered Wife Mentoring by Sarah Warmly, SoftlyWarmly@hotmail.com
Inspirity's Note: Sarah Warmly has run extremely successful Online Surrendering Courses and is currently in the process of redesigning her next project. I did my SW course with her.


Dear Sarah,

It's me again, the one who has problems expressing her desires!

Today, we are having special guests over.

One of my cupboard doors has been screwed off and is leaning against the bathroom wall. I told my dh that as we ware having company over this evening, I would love for him to screw the door back on. I told him this morning when he was still at home.

He never did it, and is going to come home from work more or less the same time they do.

Is it okay to mention it again to him, or is that counted as nagging?

Would it be okay to once again mention my desires,in the same way I did this morning, or do I have to be compleeeetly vulnerable??!!

From: SarahWarmly

Hmmmm....! Is he likely to go in the bathroom before they arrive? If so could you move the door so he sees it ? I don't mean 'trips over it' but just that it is very easy to see as he walks in.....?

If not I would suggest you say nothing, be vulnerable....if he asks if he can help you when he gets home you can say something nicely, fun and light......

Whats the worst that can happen if he does not do the job? Your guests can see in your cupboards ? I know as women we like everything to be just so but this is an opportunity for you to feel vulnerable.....just let yourself, you're doing great at this ! .....and when they are gone don't be tempted to sulk to get him back for not doing what you wanted, stay vulnerable.....it will draw him to you.....he will soon be building new cupboards for you if you can stay being vulnerable.....that is how he re-connects with the you that he loves.

Sarah

  © Blogger template 'Soft' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP