Monday 7 September 2009

Save That Special Tone Of Voice... For Him

The other day I phoned a friend to speak to her. Her husband picked up the phone, and we exchanged some polite pleasantries – asking about the kids, work, etc. After that, I asked to speak to my friend, so he gave her a shout... ‘Laila!’ he hollered to his wife. There was no reply. ‘Laila?’ he shouted impatiently. There was no reply. ‘LAILA!’ he growled at the top of his angrily, as if he was thinking ‘What is she, deaf? Where is she, dead?’. To which I finally heard a loud ‘HUH?’.

It was Laila. I tried to stop myself from smiling. So her husband shouted ‘Phone!’, I guess she didn't hear because she shouted in a snappy tone ‘WHAT??!’ and he then roared like a lion ‘PHONE!!!!!’. ‘O-KAAAAAAAY!!’ she yelled back loudly, and walked over to the phone, picked it up, and said sweetly and beautifully, ‘Hello?’

Lets speak nicely with one another, giving each other the same respect we give our friends?

  © Blogger template 'Soft' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP